Saturday, October 11, 2008

Up the nose




Maclyn's new favorite thing to do is to stick things in his ears and nose, we have been lucky enough to catch him and pull the items out before they are lodged in there, last week he shoved a macaroni noodle up there and I was able to squeeze it out, but grandma M. introduced him to HOT DOGS. yuck. I hate them but kids just love 'em but man they stink. anyways he had some hot dog at lunch today and stuck a small piece up his nose. we were almost to my nephews game when we saw it so we couldn't do much about it. Then he was asleep after the game so when we got home from everything he was screaming, I couldn't see the hot dog anymore, so I figured it was bothering him. I got the suction and sucked it right out. wow I was so glad to get it out but he hated it. I thought there was another small piece up there so I took him to the e.r, yeah I know I would have rather taken him to the Dr. for such a thing but they aren't open. so anyways they had a laugh and then checked him and yahoo I got it all out. The E.R doc did say that of all things to stick up there a hot dog was a good choice. ha ha because beads and bb's are hard to get out and you don't want to have them go further because they can block your airways, the hot dog he said just disintegrates so that's nice.

Anyways. another one of Maclyn's not so exciting new habits is to color on the walls. I laughed and thought it was cute and didn't care because it was on the wall that we haven't painted yet, I know he will think it is okay anywhere, but if I'm on the computer he wont leave me alone unless I give him something to color on the wall with ha ha. oh well.

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Good job you little wanna be ENT. Smart thinking with the suction thing. Sorry that you had to visit the ER. I know Dr. Jones has had to perform surgeries on kids that shove things in the nose & ears.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Diana said...

Hi Celeste, I stalked you from Camrins blog, hope you dont mind. I can laugh about the nose thing been there many times. Bubble Gum is the worst! Ahh the joys of motherhood :)

innisfam said...

Sheila.
props to my mom on the suction. All I could think of was a q tip or tweezers and I know that would have just pushed it up more, or hurt him. so my mom said have you tried the suction. nope so I hung up and did it yahoo.