Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Now what

It's definitley time for an update, But I didnt think it would be like this.
I woke up this morning and could hear Steven on the computer, why is he not at work?
It had been about an hour since he told me he was leaving.
As I came down the hall and asked him what he was doing, I had this icky gut feeling and sure enough he had just been LAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now what, what the heck do we do now.
all I can think is house,car,insurance,medical,utilities BILLS BILLS BILLS.
I am trying to stay calm and not freak out but how can I? This is very scary and I hope it goes away fast.
Of course Steven is pretty upset BUT he has wanted a new job for a very long time, I just hope he can find one. So this could turn out to being a good thing. But as far as today goes, I wish it were over, I wish it were time for bed and time for a new day!
The end

9 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Oh Celeste...
Can I call you?
I don't know what to say but I want to talk.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

CANDICE said...

That sucks so BAD.... I Can not believe how bad things are getting this country. Sometimes these things are a blessing, even when it's hard to see how can this be a blessing? Keep your head up, something will come along,

Joanne said...

i feel so awful for you but tomorrow IS a new day and this is a blessing just keep saying that until it comes true!!!

Jason and Tiff said...

Oh my goodness.. that is no good at all. I hate hearing this over and over again from different people because its so awful. We will for sure pray for you guys. We prayed for Misty's husband and he ended up finding one. We'll pray for you guys too. I love you guys.

Melinda said...

I'm SO sorry Celeste! I pray that Steven is able to find something soon.
This economy sucks rocks. :(

Misty @Creative Itch said...

As someone who's been there, let me tell you the things that helped us out the most when Stanton was laid off....
1. Pay your tithing!!
2. Say your prayers!!
3. Read the scriptures!
4. Allow others to serve you. We were blessed so much by the service of others!
5. As long as you are doing what you should, the Lord will bless you with what you need.

This may seem like the end of the world now, but it may be a blessing in disguise. Keep your heads up, and don't be afraid to ask someone for help if you need anything! And keep applying for jobs. Stanton turned in more applications than we could count. We didn't get any phonecalls for interviews for over a month. It was frustrating and overwhelming at times, but we made it through it, and so will you! We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I forgot one more thing...don't be afraid or ashamed to apply for all the government help you can get (food stamps, unemployment, etc.). We had to swallow our pride and do it, and it helped out a ton!!

Diana said...

That is terrible! I am so sorry. I will keep my ears open for any jobs out there. Stay positive :)

Unknown said...

I hope Steven finds a great job soon! I understand how you feel...sorta.. I mean Artie has his job still which I am very greatful. But, he use to have a 2nd job and they haven't had work for him since before Christmas. They had to lay off a bunch of their regular employees so we understand why they don't have anything for Artie either. But, that was an extra $800-1000 every month that we no longer have and it has definetly caught up with us now. We were bearly scraping by before and now we aren't getting by! It's very scary and stressful. Our house payment also went up which doesn't help matters at all. So, one whole check basically goes to the house and then we have to wait 2 weeks for the next check for bills and groceries and it doesn't cover it all. We pay our tithing, we never miss, it's never been a question, but it's soooo hard because then we don't have enough to pay the bills. I'm losing hope! I know I should read my scriptures and pray more, maybe that's the lesson I'm suppose to learn....I don't know! I cry everyday because it's so stressful and it is a horrible feeling to feel like we can't take care of our kids and give them what they need. And now we have another one on the way! Then, we'll need a bigger car and how the heck is that going to happen??? =( I also have realized how important it is to have food storage, too bad we have none! You gotta have money to buy that! I'm sorry I have a bad attitude! I'm venting...sorry it happens to be on your blog! =( I know this is all personal but I bet a lot of people are going through hard times right now! I am praying for a big miracle and hopefully soon!!