Sunday, July 18, 2010

*ReD* *WhItE* *BlUe*












What a 4Th.
No really it was fun with lots of activities.
Bunkerville celebrated on the 3rd since the 4Th was on a Sunday. and we always always have a town water fight the day before so this year on the 2ND we did. we were filling water balloons forever. I think our group.... (my fam and my sisters fam and a bunch of their friends) had over 8 thousand balloons and my sisters husband got his huge flatbed truck from work... it has sides on it and they all rode in the back and had a blast, it was a huge group and so fun to watch, me, maclyn and Briggs rode in the truck with my cousin who drove, it was so funny to see people reactions when they saw us coming, Even though Maclyn was only in the cab he had a blast and was laughing and didn't want it to end, for days after he kept asking to have a water fight in uncle Bo's big truck.
This year Maclyn was so excited for the races, last year he didn't want to race, he was scared and there were TONS of people. not this year he was prepared and practiced and when we woke up that morning he was ready and asked if it was time for races. We got up around 6 so we could go outside to see the fire engine go by doing the wake up call, we could hear them all around town going slowly like they always do, it seemed like they were taking for ever to get to our street, finally we knew they were coming and I had my camera out ready for a picture and they FLEW right by. Maclyn looked at me and said " hey" in a very sad voice and put his lip out, like " I got up for that?" really that has never happened I was so annoyed. it's like they took so long on the other streets they had to hurry down to the park for the breakfast and stuff. so we went back to bed hoping to get an hour nap before needing to get up and get ready for the races... well we slept in but we were only about 6 minutes late and I thought it would be just fine because they do a crawl race for babies and then 1yr old girls then boys then 2 yr old girls then boys then 3 yr old girls then boys and so on so thinking, 6 minutes late we should get there perfect timing, we got there and they were on 6 yr old girls, my heart just dropped I was sooooo sad, sad for me because I wanted to see him race and get pictures and really sad for maclyn because I had to tell him we missed it. I was soooo mad, how did they get that far in 6 minutes. anyways we were pretty frustrated but still went down so we could watch Kaysha race, and he still got a treat that the kids that race get, so he seemed happy and got over it. I'm still sad about it. grrrrrrrr.
then we stayed for snow cones and Briggs loved that. and we watched the egg toss and the raffle and then it was the spray down by the fire trucks and Maclyn had lots of fun but after that he was so ready to go home to rest. that night we went back to the park for fireworks and popcorn and then home to do sparklers, maclyn had lots of fun. Sunday we went to mesquite and watched their fireworks and we had red and blue french toast, Maclyn thought that was sooo cool. it was a fun weekend, nice to actually have something to go out and do. can't wait till next year.

3 comments:

ShEiLa said...

It is posts like this that make me wish I lived next door to you and a had neighbor to go do all sorts of fun stuff with.

ToOdLeS.

ShEiLa said...

ps. is that red.white.blue french toast??? I love it!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

It all looks so fun!! Your french toast looks yummy!! I LOVE the 4th!! :)